Rhizomatous Tall Fescue (RTF®) is an advanced generation of turf-type tall fescue which produces rhizomes. A rhizome is an underground stem that penetrates laterally through the soil to spread the plant. Rhizomes send shoots up to the soil surface while extending new roots downward, forming a new plant. The rhizomatous nature of RTF is similar to Kentucky bluegrass. However, unlike Kentucky bluegrass RTF will survive the transition zone climate and other tall fescue turf regions.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
Strong, Deep Root System and Drought Tolerance
- Quickly fills in damaged or open spots with new shoots of grass.
- High level of traffic tolerance.
- A dense turf without open areas prevents weed growth.
Grows Great in Sun or Shade
- Rapid development of a deep root system.
- Excellent drought and heat tolerance with less irrigation.
- Adaptable to a wide range of soil conditions.
Excellent Color and Density
- Excellent in the transition zone climate and other tall fescue turf regions.
- Will not brown out in the intense summer heat.
- One of the most shade tolerant cool season grasses.
Excellent Insect and Disease Resistance
- Has fine leaves which produce a very dense, uniform turf.
- Early spring green-up.
- Withstands stressful hot temperatures and keeps its rich green color.
Improved Value for the Turf Professional
- Endophyte enhanced for improved insect, disease and drought tolerance.
- Environmentally friendly, reduces chemical and fertilizer inputs.
- RTF® sod requires less overseeding, has fewer weed problems and prevents "wide-leafed ugly clumps" of tall fescue plants which are common in other tall fescue turf.
- Young plants first build the root and shoot system then concentrate on producing rhizomes. With RTF sod, the rhizomes are already developed.
- RTF sod, with the aid of rhizomes anchors itself faster, water requirements are reduced and turf can be utilized sooner.
RTF is a registered trademark of Barenbrug USA. U.S. Patent No. 6,677,507
Fresh cut through RTF
Re-growth after 2 months
Re-growth after 4 months
Re-growth after 11 months
RTF is excellent for:
- Home lawns
- Sports fields
- Golf courses
- Commercial sites
The Only Sod You'll Ever Need ®